- This event has passed.
General Assembly 2021 – Online Conference
October 15, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Direction Committee of FLORINT has decided to hold our 2021 General Assembly online, on October 15. Please mark this date on your agenda now.
While we would love to meet with all of you in the real world, we have decided against it. International travel is still difficult and risky. So we believe the costs still outweigh the benefits, unfortunately.
- Date: Friday 15 October
- Platform: Microsoft Teams (Free conference call software that has important advantages over Zoom)
- Starting Time: 15:00, Central European Time (UTC +1)
- End Time: ~19:30
- Participants: Delegates from all the Florint member countries, plus some of our honorary members and strategic partners
- Dear members, please prepare a short 2 to 3-minute presentation for the assembly on how your year has been. The pandemic has been hard on all of us, it goes without saying. But have there been hopeful developments and successes too? We would love to hear about these, in particular!
- Are you interested in a position on the Board of Directors of FLORINT? Some of the members of the Direction Committee are up for re-election, so elections will be held during our Assembly.
If you would like to nominate yourself, or would like more information about holding a position on the DC, please inform the Direction Committee of FLORINT.
- Is your team interested in organising one of FLORINT’s international floristry competitions? EUROFLEURS, our European Championship for Young Florists, should be held in 2023.
We kindly request one of our members to take on this responsibility! Contact the DC and we will help you put together an event proposal.
- We also look ahead to our EUROPA CUP championship in 2025 (aside from next year’s EUROPA CUP 2022 in Poland!) Our member association VBW from The Netherlands has proposed to organise a big, global EUROPA CUP in 2025. However, other applications to organise EUROPA CUP 2025 are also still being accepted.
Online meetings with 20+ people can get complicated. To avoid confusion and delays, we have established clear rules:
- One person will be presenting at all times
- We will reserve specific moments for questions and discussion. Apart from those moments, we ask delegates to keep their microphones muted.
- We kindly request your permission for recording the online event. That way, members who cannot be present can listen to the presentations later on.