An inviting, pioneering and, above all, an inspiring place, where both retailers (florists, garden centres, concept stores, wholesalers, horticulturists and webstores) and suppliers of flowers, plants and accessories can meet. But first and foremost a centre with everything you could possibly hope to find to tempt consumers to buy more flowers and plants. To thus create a healthy and happy living environment. That was the starting point from which the Green Trade Center evolved. The plans, which had been in the works for some time, were significantly refined and further developed over the last year, culminating in celebrations, together with growers and other chain partners, to mark the laying of the foundations.
Green Trade Center: Growers’ House
Initiator Waterdrinker Aalsmeer has a very clear vision of the future of the ornamentals sector. Led by two of the four directors, Bob Moria and Mariska Foppen, who gave their all to the realisation of this Green Trade Center. And they succeeded! Work to build the Growers’ House, as the centre’s initiators describe it, started in early 2017 and on 9 March the laying of the foundations was celebrated, together with the chain partners involved during the official kick-off for the arrival of the new trade platform in Aalsmeer!
The story behind the GTC was presented in an animated slide show, which can also be seen on Waterdrinker’s YouTube channel:
Did you know that…
• This one-stop concept will offer a total 25,000 m2 of flowers, plants and accessories?
• Buying from the source really does mean buying from the source: the majority of the centre comprises shops-in-shop. Growers and suppliers often come to Meet&Greet with customers, providing a pleasant and convenient opportunity to exchange information?
• The trade centre’s own professional specialists provide bespoke advice and services?
• Product innovation will be one of the centre’s priority focus areas? The Green Trade Centre will become a European launch platform, where novelties and original products are presented and on sale first?
• Besides a trade centre, the GTC will also be a trade platform where industry peers can meet each other and Waterdrinker provides facilitative services relating to (consumer) trends, concepts and combinations that reflect these trends?
• Inspiration is another priority focus area and that, all year round, visitors and customers will feel as if they are visiting the leading trade fair for the sector?
• Taking a timeout at the food court, where the latest presentation and product innovations will also be on display, is a great way to take in all the information and inspiration?
• The provision of small-scale order and delivery solutions is also possible thanks to the collaboration with Waterdrinker Export?
• And that everything physically available at the centre will also be available via the web services currently under development?
The initiator of the Green Trade Center is wholesaler and exporter Waterdrinker Aalsmeer (a valued member of Florint!), with the support of Dobbe Flowers and Agora Group for the flowers.
The development and construction are in the hands of VolkerWessels-enterprises Kondor Wessels Projects and Boele & van Eesteren.
> Other recent news that may interest you!